James Madison University Gifford Hall
This project included replacing the floor and ceiling, and completely redoing the heating, ventilating, and air conditioning systems. The project encompassed 46,000 square feet on four floors. The building was upgraded to be handicapped accessible. The roof was reworked, and new cabinets were installed. Gifford Hall originally opened in 1958. The residence hall was named for Dr. Walter J. Gifford, former dean and head of the education department.